Sore throat is indicated by an irritating and burning sensation in the throat, causing difficulty and pain in swallowing. This irritation and pain is very uncomfortable and disturbs our daily activities.
Sore throat is the result of an inflammation of pharynx, the tube that extends from the back of the mouth to the esophagus. Main causes of this condition are viral, bacterial, or fungal infections;irritants like pollution, smoking, acid reflux, or dry air; excessive shouting; or some kind of allergic reaction.
For quick relief from sore throat, you can try the following home remedies:
1. Gargle with warm salt water. It will gives you the instant relief.Mix a tablespoon of salt in a glass of warm water, gargle with this water and then spit the water out after gargling.
2.Drink ginger tea. You can prepare ginger tea by adding few crushed pieces of ginger in the water and boiling it for two to three minutes, and then preparing the tea as you normally would.
3. Boil tulsi leaves(basil leaves) in water and drink that water or gargle with that water while it’s warm.
4. Sip a cup of warm water containing a tablespoon lemon juice and a table spoon of honey. It is a great remedy for sore throats.
5. Eat a raw garlic clove daily because it releases the chemical known as allicin that helps kill the bacteria causing the sore throat.
6. Mix 1 teaspoon of raw honey with a pinch of black pepper powder and cinnmon powder to make a paste.Swallow this mixture several times daily until recovery.
7. Boil 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder in a glass of milk and drink this milk while its warm. Drink this milk daily until you get relief.
8. Boil some cloves ,basil leaves, fennel seeds,cinnamon, ginger and black pepper in a glass of water until it remains half. Strain this water and drink.
9. Cut Ginger into few pieces and add salt to it. Chew on these pieces.
10. Take the juice of Ginger, crush tulsi(basil leaves) leaves to it and add honey. Consume it to get relief .